Man charged with burglarizing homes in Hinsdale

SHARE Man charged with burglarizing homes in Hinsdale
police_lights_e1525231302837.png

Sun-Times file photo

A man was charged earlier this week with a pair of recent burglaries at homes in west suburban Hinsdale.

Jeffrey Levin, 59, of Marion,was charged with two felony counts of residential burglary and a misdemeanor count of resisting arrest, according to a statement from the DuPage County State’s Attorney’s Office.

About 11:50 a.m. Tuesday, a homeowner called police after returning to his home on Oak Street and seeing Levin carrying a bag as he walked down the stairs, prosecutors said. Levin led the responding officers on a brief chase that ended with him being tasered as he tried to go into Cook County.

Jeffrey Levin | DuPage County Sheriff’s Office

Jeffrey Levin | DuPage County Sheriff’s Office

Levin was then taken into custody, prosecutors said. Investigators also charged Levin in an April 4 burglary at a home on Bodin Street.

“The allegations that on two separate occasions Mr. Levin broke into two Hinsdale homes and stole valuables worth thousands of dollars are unacceptable and will be met with the full force of the law,” DuPage County State’s Attorney Robert Berlin said.

Levin’s bond was set at $250,000 during a Wednesday court hearing, according to a statement from the DuPage County State’s Attorney’s Office. His next court date was scheduled for June 13.

Anyone with information about the burglaries should call Hinsdale police at (630) 789-7070.

The Latest
Chicago Ald. Deborah Silverstein, state Sen. Sara Feigenholtz, and Rep. Bob Morgan said the mayor’s support of a cease-fire resolution showed “disrespect” for the Jewish community.
The way those investigations are now done in Chicago raises questions about whether they comply with a 2016 law. The idea of having the state police do them was originally recommended to then-Mayor Lori Lightfoot in 2020.
The longtime friends spoke on a panel and presented “The Last Stair,” an oil painting featured as part of Chance the Rapper’s upcoming album and visual arts project.
In an exclusive interview, Dan K. Webb, who was in charge of creating the vetting process for the No Labels third party run, tells Michael Sneed “the ticket came this/close to reality weeks ago.”
Crosetti Brand, 37, held firm in his decision even after Judge Mary Marubio gave him a stern warning that “everyone pretty much universally agrees that it’s a bad idea to represent yourself.”