Welcome to our morning article rounding up crime (and more) happenings from around the Chicago area overnight.
- Eighteen people were shot Sunday across Chicago, including a 16-year-old boy fatally shot about noon in the Southwest Side Lawndale neighborhood.
- In other shootings, a 21-year-old man was critically wounded about 11:15 p.m. in the South Shore neighborhood.
- Less than an hour earlier, a 41-year-old man was shot while talking to a male in a parked car in the West Garfield Park neighborhood.
- About 9:15 p.m., aman was shot as he rode in a car in the Northwest Side Avondale neighborhood, causing the driver to crash.
- About 7 p.m., a man was shot in the neck while sitting on a front porch in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood.
- A possible body part was pulled from the Chicago River on Sunday afternoon in the Northwest Side Avondale neighborhood.
ALSO CHECK OUT:Man found dead under lawn mower in northwestIndiana
Highland Park mass shooting suspect Robert Crimo III confessed to firing more than 80 shots at parade-goers, prosecutors say, bail denied
Crimo, 21, faces seven counts of first-degree murder in the July 4 shooting that left 7 dead and dozens wounded.
A Jewish security group says that, after seeing photos of Robert E. “Bobby” Crimo III, a Highland Park rabbi “recognized him” as the man turned away from a Passover service at his synagogue in April.
The Sky’s Candace Parker was on the cover of last year’s edition of the video game series.
The annual wandering/disappearing at Mazonia State Fish and Wildlife Area delivered the rewards of largemouth bass on frogs and a popper, and a visit by a beaver; plus the Stray Cast.
Likable couple treat themselves to one last epic date before their planned breakup in rom-com based on a YA novel.