Coronavirus concerns remain as Bears are to reconvene Tuesday at Halas Hall
The team believes its three recent positive tests were isolated cases, not the start of an outbreak. The Bears are still in the intensive protocol to prevent spread, but other than that, they will proceed as normal.
The Bears are proceeding as though the three offensive linemen who tested positive for the coronavirus over the past eight days are isolated cases and not the onset of an outbreak. Matt Nagy said players will report to Halas Hall on Tuesday for meetings and film review.
“We’ll be working through that each day,” Nagy said. “There’s just so many variables that go into it.”
The team is still in the NFL’s intensive protocol, which requires additional measures to prevent potential spread.
Offensive tackle Jason Spriggs, the first to test positive Nov. 2, was cleared to return Monday and came off the reserve/COVID-19 list. He will likely start at right tackle against the Vikings, and Rashaad Coward would move back to left guard.
Center Cody Whitehair, who also has a calf injury, and backup Lachavious Simmons remain out after testing positive.
Simmons was tested Saturday, then traveled with the team to Tennessee, and the Bears received his positive result after arriving. They immediately separated him from his teammates and had him ride back to Chicago in a limousine so he could be separated from the driver by the partition.
Safety Deon Bush also took a car service for the eight-hour trip home after going on the reserve/COVID-19 list because he had been around someone who tested positive.