Mexico-to-Chicago drug pipeline dismantled: Feds

The alleged drug trafficking occurred in South Loop and Streeterville.

SHARE Mexico-to-Chicago drug pipeline dismantled: Feds
Federal prosecutors used these photos as evidence of a drug pipeline between Mexico and the U.S.

Federal prosecutors used these photos as evidence of a drug pipeline between Mexico and the U.S.

U.S. Attorney’s Office

Federal investigators claim they have dismantled a cocaine pipeline form Mexico to Chicago.

An investigation led to the seizure of about 18 kilograms of cocaine and more than $300,000 dollars in suspected drug proceeds, the U.S. Attorney’s Office of the Northern Illinois District said in a statement.

The alleged drug trafficking happened in 2019 in a South Loop parking garage and a Streeterville high-rise, and in Plainfield and Bolingbrook, prosecutors said.

Andrew Villegas, 30, of Berwyn, allegedly worked with suppliers in Mexico to transport cocaine into the U.S. and distribute the drugs in the Chicago area, prosecutors said.

The feds also announced charges against nine other people allegedly involved:

  • Gustavo Aliva, 23, of Plainfield;
  • Aaron Adams, 41, of Peoria;
  • Adrian Curtis, 42, of Peoria;
  • David Palm, 50, of Chicago;
  • Alvin Brown, 51, of Chicago;
  • Santiago Meraz, 35, of Milwaukee;
  • Jorge Valdez, 33, of Milwaukee;
  • Isidro Moyo, 59, of Chicago; and
  • Eduardo Carrizales, 45, of Laredo, Texas.

Moya and Meraz are currently at large, prosecutors said. Arraignments have not yet been scheduled.

Read more on crime, and track the city’s homicides.

The Latest
Kevin Singleton, 52, was charged with six counts of attempted first-degree murder, aggravated discharge of a firearm and aggravated battery, according to police.
Despite the city making “important changes,” activists worry infrequent service and scofflaw motorists will undermine the changes.
The Democrat from Champaign was one of three key sponsors of an amendment to the SAFE-T Act, which cleared the Illinois General Assembly last week.
Jamel Danzy, the so-called straw purchaser of the gun used to kill French, is set to be sentenced Wednesday.