Los Angeles Lakers center Andrew Bynum has been out of the lineup while he recovers from a torn medial collateral ligament in his right knee, but the big man has find ways to keep himself busy.
As the Lakers were in Atlanta Saturday night, Bynum was where most men asipre to be — partying at the Playboy Mansion. And judging by the preceeding photo, his knee is strong enough to allow him to carry around playmates on his shoulders.
SI’s Arash Markazi reports on Bynum’s status.
Wearing a green smoking jacket and slippers, Bynum, whose injury status is generating daily headlines in Los Angeles, partied like a rock star near the infamous grotto. He picked up Playmate Nicole Narain and placed her on his shoulders and got somebody to take a picture with his digital camera.
Upper-body strength, check.
He hopped over a velvet rope near the DJ booth so he could take a
picture with Narain and other Playmates who ended up sitting on his lap.
Jumping ability, check.
He sidestepped a few of the roaming cameras and got down with some
Playmates on the checkered dance floor set up in the backyard.
Lateral movement, check.
Predictably, Markazi’s column has sparked some intelligent debate in the comments section. A sampling of some of the opinions.
- TheBubba: Before this column, I really enjoyed your writing. Now I know you must be gay….What better way to rehab than playing with a few bunnies?
- timbo31: How did someone as weak as this writer get into the Playboy mansion in the first place? Either
- go full-on ironic Onion-style reportage on this issue or embrace your
- inner Bill Platchke and go full preach mode. This walks the line
- between trying to be funny yet disdainful. Neither works. Young athlete parties! And he’s injured! What a scoop!
- rjwhit4: Such the Persian way of looking at things… Can’t quite tell if you’re
- praising the lad at the same time you chastise a 20-some year old for
- living the dream of any young man’s life. Way to try to turn a grain of
- sand into a mountain koskesh!
Currently, Markazi’s post has around 128,000 views. So…there’s that.
What do you think of Bynum’s behavior?