This isn’t the first time a cow can be blamed on starting a fire, but this is a bit stranger than one tipping over a lantern in the O’Leary’s barn.
According to the Associated Press, a herd of dairy cows in central Germany nearly blew the roof off a barn with their gas, which is loaded with methane.
It’s unknown why there was such a large buildup of the nasty gas (there were 90 cows in the barn each making their own contributions), but police say a static electric charge “triggered the detonation.”
One cow suffered light burns and the barn’s roof was damaged.
If only someone would have cracked a window, all of this could have been avoided.
Via The Associated Press