Man charged after four hurt in crash after police chase in Oak Lawn

SHARE Man charged after four hurt in crash after police chase in Oak Lawn

A West Side man has been charged with leading police on a high-speed chase and causing a crash that left four people injured early Wednesday in southwest suburban Oak Lawn.

Ronald D. Parker, 22, has been charged with aggravated speeding, reckless driving, fleeing/eluding, disobeying a traffic control signal, no valid driver’s license, operating a motor vehicle without insurance, failure to wear a seatbelt and battery, according to a statement from Oak Lawn police.

About 3:30 a.m., officers responding to a disturbance in the 10100 block of South Pulaski Road were told the suspect had just driven from the scene in a brown Cadillac, police said. Officers tried to stop the car, which took off at a high rate of speed.

The officers were trying to find the car when they came upon a four-vehicle crash at 95th and Cicero, police said.

Two people from the Cadillac were taken to Advocate Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn with serious but non-life-threatening injuries, police said. The other two drivers involved in the crash were also taken to Christ with minor injuries.

A 22-year-old man sitting in the passenger seat of the Cadillac was charged with failure to wear a seatbelt, police said.

Parker, who lives in the 5900 block of West Cortland Avenue, was released Wednesday after posting 10 percent of his $2,000 bond.

The Latest
Notes: Manager Craig Counsell announces his starting pitcher for the Cubs’ Cactus League opener agaisnt the White Sox.
The grass was greener in Chicago once. It’s got to be greener on the American League favorites’ side of the street now.
Rep. Sean Casten faces political newcomer Mahnoor Ahmad and Charles Hughes, making a third try for Congress, in the Illinois March 19 Democratic primary in the 6th congressional district.
Amaryon Steel, 20, was found lying on the street in the 200 block of South Hamilton Avenue about 9 p.m. Monday, Chicago police said.
Known as Chicago’s first TV traffic reporter on morning news, Varon will sign off for the final time on April 5, after 35 years at WLS-Channel 7.