(HAMMOND, Ind.) An elderly man died early Monday after a fire in northwest Indiana.
Ronald Wilson, 72, suffered smoke inhalation and burns at his home in the 3600 block of Sheffield Avenue in Hammond late Sunday, according to a statement from the Lake County (Ind.) coroner’s office.
He was pronounced dead at 12:30 a.m. Monday, according to the statement. The manner of his death is pending.
The Indiana State Fire Marshal is investigating, according to the statement.
The Hammond fire and police departments could not immediately be reached for comment Wednesday.