Chicago Police issued a community alert Sunday warning of several home burglaries in the last month in the Dunning and Portage Park neighborhoods on the Northwest Side.
At least one burglar breaks into the apartments and homes through windows or doors and steals electronics, cash and other items, according to Area North detectives. The suspect is targeting an area between Long and Narrangansett and Belmont to Irving Park Road.
The robberies happened:
- between Sept. 23 and Oct. 3 in the 5600 block of West Waveland;
- sometime on Oct. 6 in the 6300 block of West Melrose;
- at 6 p.m. Oct. 15 in the 5400 block of West Waveland;
- between 8:30 p.m. and 11 p.m. on Oct. 24 in the 6000 block of West Warwick;
- and between Oct. 27 and 29 in the 5700 block of West Eddy.
Anyone with information about the burglaries is asked to call detectives at (312) 744-8263.