No injuries in Palatine chimney fire

SHARE No injuries in Palatine chimney fire
SHARE No injuries in Palatine chimney fire

No one was injured when a fire started in the chimney of a house Thursday night in northwest suburban Palatine.

Fire crews were called about 9:30 to a house in the 400 block of East Baldwin Road and arrived about five minutes later to find smoke coming from the chimney and roof area, according to the Palatine Fire Department.

A fire in the fireplace had ignited structural materials in the wall surrounding the chimney, the fire department said. The first fire company on the scene opened up the wall and used a pressurized water extinguisher to put the fire out.

The fire was extinguished by 9:45 p.m., according to the fire department. No injuries were reported.

The Latest
An end to gun violence will take more effective gun regulation and long-term solutions that focus on jobs, education, mental health counseling and violence intervention.
The Cubs opened a three-game series against the Pirates at Wrigley Field on Monday.
Johnny Cueto threw six innings of scoreless two-hit ball against the Royals on Monday. He struck out seven.
The $19.5 million PCC Primary Care Pavilion will offer a gym, dance center, demonstration test kitchen, community meeting spaces and a community garden and urban farm to Austin residents to help lower the life expectancy gap.