Accidental small kitchen fire at St. Charles middle school

SHARE Accidental small kitchen fire at St. Charles middle school
A man was stabbed to death Nov. 12, 2019, in Englewood.

Sun-Times file photo

Sun-Times file

An accidental fire broke out in a kitchen classroom at Thompson Middle School in west suburban St. Charles on Tuesday morning.

Around 11:45 a.m. fire officials arrived to the rear of the school where a small fire had started in the kitchen classroom, according to the St. Charles Fire Dept.

A small amount of cooking oil caused the fire, which was extinguished by putting a lid on the cooking pot, officials said. The school was evacuated after a pull station alarm was activated.

No injuries were reported.


The Latest
Reese, the No. 7 overall pick in the draft, leads all rookies in rebounds, steals and double-doubles. She had her sixth consecutive double-double and seventh overall Sunday against the Fever.
Sky players don’t want to call what’s brewing between them and the Fever a rivalry, but all signs point to the obvious.
Mr. Brian knew everything about cars — except how to fix them.
Might things turn around? Yeah, sure. The 22 Clark bus might spin around the block and pick you up next time you miss it, too.
The 19-year-old was on the sidewalk when multiple suspects approached her and demanded her property, police said.