8 taken to hospitals after carbon monoxide leak in Evanston

SHARE 8 taken to hospitals after carbon monoxide leak in Evanston
evanstoncoleak.jpg

Crews respond to a carbon monoxide leak Monday morning in Evanston. | Evanston Fire Department

Eight people were taken to hospitals after a carbon monoxide leak was detected Monday morning in north suburban Evanston.

Crews responded to a carbon monoxide alarm at 7:18 a.m. in a two-flat home in the 1400 block of Pitner Avenue, according to the Evanston Fire Department.

Eight residents were taken to St. Francis and Evanston hospitals for evaluation, according to the fire department. All their conditions were stabilized.

Carbon monoxide levels of 200 parts per million were detected in the home, according to the fire department.

The cause of the leak remains under investigation.

The Latest
Manager Craig Counsell provided an expected timeline for Bellinger’s first 2024 spring training game.
Rebuilding well isn’t enough. They must rebuild better than the other teams that are trying to do the same thing.
“There was a lot of blood,” Officer Nicholas Morales testified on the third day of the trial for the accused gunman, Emonte Morgan. “I just stepped on the gas.”
Hurricanes safety Kamren Kinchens has trained with Jackson in South Florida.
Known for its pitas, salads and bowls, the fast-casual chain will open a location on North Milwaukee Avenue.