Police are warning residents of a recent string of robberies this month in the South Shore neighborhood.
In seven recent incidents, one-to-four people approached victims and announced a robbery, while holding or implying a weapon, according to a community alert from Chicago Police.
The robberies happened:
- about 3:40 a.m. May 4 in the 1900 block of East 71st Street;
- about 1 a.m. May 6 in the 2200 block of East 70th Place;
- about 4 p.m. May 7 in the 2200 block of East 71st Street;
- about 4 p.m. May 13 in the 7100 block of South Ridgeland Avenue;
- about 12:12 a.m. May 15 in the 7100 block of South Constance Avenue;
- about 7:30 a.m. May 15 in the 2000 block of East 70th Street; and
- about 2 a.m. May 16 in the 7100 block of South Jeffery Boulevard.
The suspects are described as up to four black males, thought to be between 18 and 25 years old, driving a white van, police said. The weapon is described as a dark steel handgun or a silver handgun.
Anyone with information on the robberies is asked to contact Area Central detectives at (312) 747-8380.