Police are warning South Side residents after six burglaries were reported this month in the Bridgeport neighborhood.
The burglars break into garages or houses through the side or back door, then steal property, according to the community alert from Area Central detectives.
The burglaries happened:
- about 10 p.m. Sept. 3 in the 3300 block of South Lituanica;
- about 5 p.m. Sept. 9 in the 900 block of West 33rd Place;
- about noon Sept. 11 in the 2900 block of South Farrell;
- about 10:15 p.m. Sept. 12 in the 2900 block of South Archer;
- about 9 a.m. Sept. 13 in the 2900 block of South Quinn; and
- about 11 a.m. Sept. 13 in the 2900 block of South Poplar.
Anyone with information should call detectives at (312) 747-8382.
James Richard Thompson, 26, of Plainfield was crossing the street when he was hit around 1:05 a.m. Saturday in the 800 block of West Washington Boulevard, according to a police report.
Taliaferro, chairman of the City Council’s Public Safety Committee, faces CB Johnson, leader of a nonprofit that helps people recover from drug use. On Feb. 28, Johnson ran strongest in the ward’s lowest-income areas.
Primary. Throwbacks. Alternates. The Cubs and Sox have worn many uniforms, but which are the best?
Chicago didn’t host a World Series — or a playoff game, for that matter — in 2022, but a new season provides fresh hope.
Jesus Arellano, who has a cool net, caught a coho, brown trout and lake trout from shore on the same day on the Chicago lakefront.