Downers Grove fire started by candle causes $10K in damage

SHARE Downers Grove fire started by candle causes $10K in damage
darien_woodridge_fire.png

Darien-Woodridge Fire Protection District

A fire at a home on Monday in unincorporated Downers Grove caused an estimated $10,000 in damage.

A candle was determined to be the source of a fire that started about 10 p.m. at the home in the 2000 block of Maple Avenue, according to the Darien-Woodridge Fire Protection District.

Firefighters were called about 10:05 p.m. and put the fire out in less than 10 minutes, the district said. No injuries were reported.

The fire was confined to a second-floor bedroom, but caused $10,000 in damage, the district said.

The district reminded the public to remain vigilant while using candles and suggested that battery powered “candles” were a safer option for creating a “mood and ambiance…that look very much like the real thing.”

The Latest
The notion that the quarterback could return kickoffs for the Steelers was “interpreted ... wrong,” Fields told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
The team’s new manager hasn’t been able to get his players untracked offensively.
Unauthorized access to a ‘small number’ of workers was made between Jan. 4 and Jan. 20, potentially exposing a plethora of personal information.
Imanaga allowed as many runs Wednesday as he had in his first nine starts combined.