Man dies of CO poisoning after Northwest Side fire

SHARE Man dies of CO poisoning after Northwest Side fire
cfd_truck_1.jpg

Sun-Times file photo

A man died of carbon monoxide poisoning after an apartment fire Monday morning in the Hollywood Park neighborhood on the Northwest Side.

The fire broke out at an apartment in the 3200 block of West Olive, according to Fire Media Affairs. The fire was struck out by 10:16 a.m.

David S. Weiss, 63, was taken to a hospital and was pronounced dead at 10:41 a.m., according to fire officials and the Cook County Medical Examiner’s Office. An autopsy found he died from carbon monoxide toxicity as a result of the fire and his death was ruled an accident.

The Latest
The city is willing to put private interests ahead of public benefit and cheer on a wrongheaded effort to build a massive domed stadium — that would be perfect for Arlington Heights — on Chicago’s lakefront.
Following its launch, the popular Mediterranean restaurant is set to open a second area outlet this summer in Vernon Hills.
Like no superhero movie before it, subversive coming-of-age story reinvents the villain’s origins with a mélange of visual styles and a barrage of gags.
A 66-year-old woman was dragged into the street in the 600 block of North Fairbanks Avenue by two armed robbers who fired shots, police said.
Twenty-five years later, the gun industry’s greed and elected leaders’ cowardice continue to prevail, the head of the National Urban League writes.