Police are investigating nine burglaries this month at Mexican restaurants across Chicago’s Northwest Side.
In each instance, someone has gained entry to a restaurant by breaking the window of the front door and stealing cash from within, according to a business alert from Chicago Police.
The suspect was described as a man between 25 and 30 years old and weighing 125 to 150 pounds, police said. He was wearing a baseball cap and driving a white SUV.
The break-ins have occurred:
- Between 6:30 a.m. and 6:40 a.m. June 2 in the 3700 block of West North Avenue;
- At 6:32 a.m. June 2 in the 4000 block of West North Avenue;
- At 12:57 a.m. June 4 in the 5200 block of West Grand;
- At 3:30 a.m. June 14 in the 5600 block of West Irving Park;
- At 3:51 a.m. June 14 in the 2700 block of West Central;
- At 4:18 a.m. June 14 in the 6000 block of West Grand;
- At 10 p.m. June 16 in the 5700 block of West Belmont;
- At 4:07 a.m. June 17 in the 5400 block of West Belmont; and
- Between 12:01 a.m. and 9 a.m. June 17 in the 2300 block of North Cicero.
Anyone with information about the burglaries was asked to call Area North detectives at (312) 744-8263.
Jordan Hawkins scored 20 points and UConn overwhelmed its fourth straight NCAA Tournament opponent, blowing out Gonzaga 82-54.
Brendan A. Kennedy-Gasior, 37, faces a felony count of promoting prostitution and was released from custody after posting $500 bond in the case.
Officers responded to a call of shots fired at the store Saturday evening.
Alijah Martin, Vlad Goldin and ninth-seeded Florida Atlantic became the first and lowest-seeded team to reach this year’s Final Four as the Owls withstood another huge game by Kansas State’s Markquis Nowell to win 79-76.