Person questioned after walking off with 2-year-old boy in South Loop released

SHARE Person questioned after walking off with 2-year-old boy in South Loop released
screen_shot_2018_06_25_at_9_17_48_pm_e1529979536983.png

Detectives were questioning a person who took a child Monday evening from the 600 block of West Harrison. | Google

A person taken for questioning after walking off with a 2-year-old boy Monday evening in the South Loop was released without being charged.

About 6:50 p.m., the family acquaintance took the child from the 600 block of West Harrison Street when his mother was distracted, according to Chicago Police. The person didn’t have permission to take the boy.

The child was reunited with the family about 20 minutes later and taken to Lurie Children’s Hospital for an evaluation, police said.

The person who walked off with the boy was questioned by Area Central detectives, police said.

The person was later released without being charged, police said Tuesday afternoon.


The Latest
Utah’s capital city was the only candidate for 2034 after the Olympic committee gave Salt Lake City exclusive negotiating rights last year.
Around 5:20 a.m., state troopers responded to a rollover crash in the eastbound lanes of the Eisenhower just east of the Tri-State Tollway, Illinois State police said.
The woman ‘lowered’ herself into the river Tuesday afternoon near Dearborn Street and Wacker Drive, police said.
About 1:05 a.m., the two men, 22 and 21, were standing on the street in the 6300 block of South Carpenter Street when gunmen started firing from the alley, Chicago police said.