Police are warning residents of a string of cellphone thefts from people in the Streeterville area.
In each of the six robberies, a group of one to four male teens and young adults approach the victims and forcibly grab cellphones from their hands, Chicago police said in a community alert.
They either run away or leave in a black four-door car, police said.
The robberies happened in the evening hours of:
- Jan. 28 in the first block of East Ohio Street;
- Jan. 21 in the 600 block of North Wells Street;
- Jan. 9 and 10 in the 300 block of East Illinois Street;
- Jan. 9 in the first block of East Huron Street; and
- Jan. 5 in the 500 block of North Rush Street.
Anyone with information was asked to call detectives at (312) 747-8380.
A warning to the unhappily married woman who is being courted by three guys she’s never met.
Set on the South Side, the series is produced by Marsai Martin (“black-ish”) and centers around a trio of teen girls determined to become the best at their skating rink.
According to Everytown for Gun Safety, there already have been at least 58 unintentional shootings by children in 2023.
Replacing lead water pipes and protecting the Lake Michigan shoreline are just two challenges the next mayor will face.