Two people were killed and at least six others wounded in shootings in Chicago Thursday.
- A 27-year-old man was shot and killed while riding a Divvy bicycle in Gresham on the South Side. A gunman approached on foot and shot him in the 7700 Block of South Seeley Avenue around 2:40 p.m., Chicago Police said. He was struck several times and taken to Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn, where he died, police said.
- Another man was fatally shot early Thursday in Lawndale on the West Side — the second person killed in the neighborhood in less than a day. Officers responding to calls of gunfire found him lying next to a car around 2:40 a.m. in the 1400 block of South Avers Avenue, police said. Anthony Patrick, 25, had wounds to his chest and neck, police said. He was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
- A 19-year-old man was wounded in an attack in Brainerd on the South Side. The man was walking in the 9300 block of South Elizabeth Street when two people got out of a gray Toyota and fired about 9:40 p.m., police said. He was struck in the leg and suffered graze wounds to the face and chest, police said. Paramedics transported him to Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn in good condition.
- A 22-year-old man was shot in Stoney Island Park on the South Side. He was outside in the 8300 block of South Constance Avenue about 9:25 p.m. when he was struck in the buttocks and taken to Trinity Hospital in good condition.
- Another man was shot near the Robert Taylor Homes. About 7 p.m., the 20-year-old was walking outside in the 4300 block of South State Street when he was shot by someone in a dark-colored vehicle, police said. He suffered a gunshot wound to the shoulder and was taken to the University of Chicago Medical Center in good condition.
- Thursday afternoon, a 22-year-old man was shot in Avalon Park on the South Side. He was walking down the street about 1:30 p.m. in the 7900 block of South Kimbark Avenue when a dark-colored SUV approached and someone called his name, then exited and fired shots, police said. The man was struck in the right side of the body and taken to the University of Chicago Medical Center in good condition, police said.
- Two women were shot early Thursday morning during a fight in Humboldt Park on the Northwest Side. About 2:55 a.m., the women, 22 and 25, were at a party in the 3800 block of West Chicago Avenue when someone fired shots during a fight, police said. One of the women was standing outside and the other was inside when shots were fired. The 22-year-old woman was struck in the leg and the older woman was struck in the thigh, police said. They were both taken to Stroger Hospital, where they are in good condition.
Two people were killed and 27 others were wounded by gunfire in Chicago Wednesday, a day that saw two mass shootings, one in Gresham and the other in West Garfield Park.