In the 18th edition of the WNBA’s general manager survey the league’s best teams, players, coaches and offseason moves were assessed.
The votes are in and the Sky came out behind the Aces to win the title but led in other categories. Sky players led in individual categories like top point guard, best pure shooter and best swing player.
Here’s a look at the league’s 12 GM’s predictions for the 2021 season:
Who will win the 2021 WNBA Championship?
- Las Vegas Aces — 58%
- Sky and Washinton Mystics — 17%
- Los Angeles Sparks — 8%
Who will finish atop the Eastern Conference?
- Sky — 75%
- Mystics — 25%
Who will win 2021 WNBA MVP?
- Breanna Stewart, Seattle Storm — 67%
- Tina Charles, Washington Mystics; Candace Parker; Courtney Vandersloot; A’ja Wilson, Aces — 8%
Who is the best point guard in the WNBA?
- Courtney Vandersloot — 58.3%
- Sue Bird, Storm — 33.3%
- Diana Taurasi, Phoenix Mercury — 8.3%
Which player is the best pure shooter?
- Allie Quigley — 41.7%
- Diana Taurasi, Mercury — 33.3%
- Julie Allemand, Indiana Fever; Elena Delle Donne, Mystics; Marina Mabrey, Dallas Wings — 8.3%
Who is the best 2-3 swing player?
- Diamond DeShields — 45.4%
- Jewell Loyd, Storm; Diana Taurasi, Mercury — 18.2%
- Ariel Atkins, Mystics; Angel McCoughtry, Aces — 9.1%
Note: Only 11 responses for this question.
What was the most surprising move of the offseason?
- Parker to Chicago — 42%
- Alysha Clark to Washington — 25%
- Natasha Howard to New York Liberty; No. 1 overall pick being traded twice; Riquna Williams to Aces; Storm trading for Katie Lou Samuelson – 8%
Which one player acquisition will make the biggest impact?
- Parker — 58%
- Natasha Howard, Liberty — 25%
- Chelsea Gray, Aces — 17%
Complete results can be found here.