Chicago police are warning Lawndale residents about a series of armed robberies that occurred in May and June in the West Side neighborhood.
Between May 28 and June 27, six armed robberies happened between 2:15 p.m. and 5:45 p.m. in the span of just a few square blocks, with one additional robbery happening at 10:45 p.m., according to Chicago police.
The robberies happened in:
· The 3000 and 3100 blocks of West Fillmore;
· The 3100 block of West Arthington;
· The 1100 block of South Troy;
· The 1100 block of South Albany; and
· Twice in the 1100 block of South Whipple.
The suspect in these robberies was described by police as a man between 18 and 23 years old wearing a black and brown jacket or a black hoodie with light blue or gray jeans.
In each incident, he brandished a gun and told the victim to give up their property, police said.
Anyone with information about these robberies is asked to call Area North detectives at 312-744-8263.