Police are warning residents about a series of commercial burglaries since March in South Shore on the South Side.
In each case, someone entered a business by throwing an object through a glass storefront and stole property, according to a business alert from Chicago police.
The break-ins occurred:
- At 4:29 a.m. May 19 in the 1600 block of East 71st Street;
- At 5:20 a.m. May 2 in the 1900 block of East 71st;
- At 10:22 p.m. April 29 in the 1600 block of East 71st;
- At 11:54 a.m. April 4 in the 1600 block of East 71st;
- Between 6 p.m. April 3 and 7 a.m. April 4 in the 1800 block of East 71st; and
- About 3 a.m. March 28 in the 2100 block of East 71st.
The suspect is described as a man between 30 and 35 years old, standing 5-foot-10 to 6 feet tall and weighing 190 to 200 pounds, police said. In one case, he was seen driving away in a red vehicle.
Anyone with information is asked to call Area One detectives at 312-747-8380.