Police are warning Englewood residents about a string of recent vehicle thefts in the South Side neighborhood.
In each incident, the vehicle’s owner returned to their parking spot to find their vehicle missing, Chicago police said.
The thefts happened:
- Between 12 p.m. July 19 and 12 p.m. July 20 in the 7100 block of South Normal Boulevard;
- At 6 a.m. July 31 in the 7000 block of South Parnell Avenue;
- Between 10 p.m. Aug. 1 and 7 a.m. Aug. 2 in the 700 block of West 71st Street;
- Between 7 p.m. Aug. 2 and 4 a.m. Aug. 3 in the 6900 block of South Eggleston Avenue; and
- Between 1 a.m. and 9 a.m. Aug. 8 in the 7000 block of South Normal Boulevard.
Police did not provide a description of any suspects.
Anyone with information is asked to call Area One detectives at 312-747-8382.