No one was injured when a fire started in the chimney of a house Thursday night in northwest suburban Palatine.
Fire crews were called about 9:30 to a house in the 400 block of East Baldwin Road and arrived about five minutes later to find smoke coming from the chimney and roof area, according to the Palatine Fire Department.
A fire in the fireplace had ignited structural materials in the wall surrounding the chimney, the fire department said. The first fire company on the scene opened up the wall and used a pressurized water extinguisher to put the fire out.
The fire was extinguished by 9:45 p.m., according to the fire department. No injuries were reported.
U.S. Sen. Tammy Duckworth, D-Ill., said, ‘Bill was always a no-bulls---, honest and direct sounding board — whether we agreed or not.’
‘Cool and collected’: Rookie Miguel Amaya hits first major-league home run in Cubs’ victory vs. Padres
The Cubs beat the Padres 7-1 to take a 2-1 lead in the four-game series.
Copper and Laney have shared the court together since they were kids, playing AAU basketball for Yolanda Laney and then college ball for C. Vivian Stringer at Rutgers.
“Racing through the city streets, very narrow, I honestly don’t know how it’s all going to work out,” Bubba Wallace said.
The Sox’ first slam and first walk-off homer of 2023 capped an afternoon in which Burger struck out in his first three at-bats before walking in his fourth plate appearance.