No injuries in Palatine chimney fire

SHARE No injuries in Palatine chimney fire
SHARE No injuries in Palatine chimney fire

No one was injured when a fire started in the chimney of a house Thursday night in northwest suburban Palatine.

Fire crews were called about 9:30 to a house in the 400 block of East Baldwin Road and arrived about five minutes later to find smoke coming from the chimney and roof area, according to the Palatine Fire Department.

A fire in the fireplace had ignited structural materials in the wall surrounding the chimney, the fire department said. The first fire company on the scene opened up the wall and used a pressurized water extinguisher to put the fire out.

The fire was extinguished by 9:45 p.m., according to the fire department. No injuries were reported.

The Latest
Chicago police were called to the CTA station in the 400 block of South Clinton Street around 10:50 p.m. Monday.
Spouse considers leaving man who goes out boozing every week and then drives home.
Even as you see all the plot twists coming, Tom Cruise’s charms and the spectacular aerial action still take your breath away.
Thinking ahead to your next few meals? Here are some main dishes and sides to try.