A firefighter and another man were injured Thursday after a dryer caught fire in a home in west suburban Batavia.
Crews responded to the fire that started in the 0-100 block of Oak Terrace Court at 11:55 a.m., according to a statement from the Batavia Fire Department.
The fire, which started from clothes in a dryer, quickly spread throughout the 48-year-old man’s trailer, fire officials said. It was extinguished at 12:25 p.m.
One firefighter received a minor facial injury from falling debris and was treated at the scene, fire officials said. The man was treated for smoke inhalation and a minor hand burn at an area hospital.
Though authorities could not say the cost of the damage, the trailer was deemed a total loss and not inhabitable, according to fire officials.