Carbon monoxide sickens five in Vernon Hills home

SHARE Carbon monoxide sickens five in Vernon Hills home

(VERNON HILLS) Five people were taken to the hospital Sunday afternoon after they were exposed to carbon monoxide in their north suburban Vernon Hills home.

Rescue crews responded about 1 p.m. to a call of five people feeling ill in a single-family home in the 300 block of Sutcliffe Circle, according to a statement from the Countryside Fire Protection District.

Elevated carbon monoxide levels were found throughout the house, fire officials said.

All five residents were taken to Advocate Condell Medical Center in Libertyville with non-life-threatening injuries, the statement said.

Crews shut down the furnace and ventilated the house while Peoples Gas was called to the scene, fire officials said.

The Latest
With the two formerly restricted free agents locked up, the Hawks have completed their offseason to-do list, barring any surprise trades.
Pro basketball players came to dine at his restaurant, including Joakim Noah, whose father is French tennis legend Yannick Noah, plus Tony Parker Sr., who played professionally in Europe, and his son Tony Parker Jr., who grew up in France.
Two-part ‘Untold’ film reveals pain still felt by the former Notre Dame linebacker as well as the remorse of the catfisher who duped him.
What the Kansas vote against abortion restrictions mainly signified to me was bedrock Americanism: essentially, “You’re not the boss of me, and it’s none of your damn business.”
The Chicago publisher became one of the most prominent voices in the city as his magazines celebrating the Black community, Ebony and Jet, reached untold heights. Here’s how he did it.