Carbon monoxide sickens five in Vernon Hills home

SHARE Carbon monoxide sickens five in Vernon Hills home

(VERNON HILLS) Five people were taken to the hospital Sunday afternoon after they were exposed to carbon monoxide in their north suburban Vernon Hills home.

Rescue crews responded about 1 p.m. to a call of five people feeling ill in a single-family home in the 300 block of Sutcliffe Circle, according to a statement from the Countryside Fire Protection District.

Elevated carbon monoxide levels were found throughout the house, fire officials said.

All five residents were taken to Advocate Condell Medical Center in Libertyville with non-life-threatening injuries, the statement said.

Crews shut down the furnace and ventilated the house while Peoples Gas was called to the scene, fire officials said.

The Latest
The district and teachers’ union have negotiated all summer in hopes of avoiding the contentious battles of the past two years over pandemic safety.
If the Sky succeed in their bid for a consecutive championship, they will be the first WNBA team to do so in 20 years, and the first Chicago team to achieve that in decades.
Utterly endearing Lili Reinhart plays a contented mom in one scenario and an ambitious dreamer in the other.
Confidence turned to cockiness, Jose Abreu stated, and “we just expected to come in and roll like we did last year,’ Liam Hendriks said.
“Anytime something like this happens, we go through a process looking at safety measures in the investigation,” said Coast Guard Lt. Rachel Ault.