Tournament director Bill Schreier has released the pool assignments for the 24-team Tiger Classic, perhaps the best boys volleyball tournament of the regular season.
This year’s field features six teams from Season Pass’ preseason Top 10, including No. 1 Brother Rice and host Wheaton Warrenville South, which went 42-0 last season. Other ranked teams in the Tiger Classic include No. 2 Minooka, No. 4 Lincoln-Way East, No. 9 Barrington and No. 10 New Trier.
The field also includes Hoffman Estates Invitational champion Naperville Central and Conant Invitational runner-up Lake Park.
Perhaps the toughest pool starts Wednesday with New Trier, Minooka and St. Rita. Pool play begins at 5 p.m.
Saturday’s bracketed finals start at 8 a.m. for Bronze, noon for the Silver and 1 p.m. for the Gold.
Here are the pools:
1. WW South, 2. Waubonsie Valley, 3. Naperville Central
1. New Trier, 2. Minooka, 3. St. Rita
1. Barrington, 2. Lincoln-Way Central, 3. Lake Park
1. Buffalo Grove, 2. Downers Grove South, 3. Oak Park-River Forest
1. Naperville North, 2. Oak Lawn, 3. Hilliard Darby, Ohio
1. Brother Rice, 2. Lincoln-Way East, 3. Andrew
1. Glenbrook North, 2. Marist, 3. Stagg
1. Sandburg, 2. Neuqua Valley, 3. Evanston