2 hospitalized with carbon monoxide poisoning in Gresham

Both adults were in critical condition, officials said.

SHARE 2 hospitalized with carbon monoxide poisoning in Gresham
Fire crews respond after two people were poisoned by carbon monoxide Oct. 27, 2020, in the 8500 block of South Ada Street.

Fire crews respond after two people were poisoned by carbon monoxide Oct. 27, 2020, in the 8500 block of South Ada Street.

Chicago Fire Department

Two people were hospitalized in critical condition with carbon monoxide poisoning Tuesday in Gresham on the South Side.

La Voz Sidebar

Lea este artículo en español en La Voz Chicago, la sección bilingüe del Sun-Times.

la-voz-cover-photo-2.png

Authorities were called about 7:45 p.m. to a home in the 8500 block of South Ada Street, according to Chicago Fire Department officials.

Crews detected “lethal” levels of carbon monoxide within the home, and two adults were taken to Little Company of Mary Hospital in critical condition, officials said.

Someone in the home was using a generator for electricity, officials said. A cat was also found dead inside.

The Latest
Daughter-in-law has an eating disorder and makes unusual meal choices for herself, her husband and their daughter.
We want to prepare for the bad and set ourselves up to live within the comfort money can offer. But financial comfort is different for everyone.
Per report, Bellinger agrees to three-year, $80 million deal
They couldn’t hold a late one-goal lead, allowing the Union’s Daniel Gazdag to score in the third minute of second-half stoppage time in a 2-2 draw.