Starbucks winter menu boasts new Pistachio Latte, Honey Almondmilk Cold Brew, Red Velvet Loaf
The Seattle-based coffee giant also announced that Kale and Portabella Mushroom Sous Vide Egg Bites and the returning Honey Almondmilk Flat White are now permanent items.
Starbuckskicks off 2021 with a new winter menu and additions to its permanent lineup.
Starting Tuesday at participating locations nationwide, customers canorderthe new Honey Almondmilk Cold Brewand Pistachio Latte inspired by a beverage thatlaunched at Starbucks Reserve Roasteries. The latte ismade with espresso and steamed milk combined with a sauce made with real pistachios and a salted, brown, buttery topping.
The Seattle-based coffee giant announced thatKale and Portabella Mushroom Sous Vide Egg Bitesand thereturningHoney Almondmilk Flat Whiteare permanent items.
There’s also aRed Velvet Loaf and Earth Cake Pop available for a limited time, as well as two Starbucks Reserve whole bean coffees — Guatemala Huehuetenango and Ethiopia YirgacheffeChelelektu.
The Starbucks Reserve coffee will be sold at 3,200 company-operated stores in the USA. Previously, the drink had been served only atStarbucks Reserve Roasteries, Reserve barsand select Starbucks locations around the world, the company said, advising customers to use the Starbucks app to find which locations carry the coffee.
Other beverages that debuted at Starbucks Roasteries before launching at storesinclude the Nitro Cold Brew and seasonal drinks such as the Cascara Latte, Smoked Butterscotch Latte and theJuniper Latte.
Starbucks announcement is one of many made by restaurants about new menu items. Last week,Dunkin’ released Extra Charged Coffee with 20% more caffeine and aDunkfetti Donut.
Chipotle’s Cilantro-Lime Cauliflower Ricedebuted nationwide Monday, andMcDonald’s announced it would release three chicken sandwiches Feb. 24.
Last month, Starbucks shared during its biennial Investor Day that cold beverages featuring nondairy milk continue to resonate with customers and said millennials and Gen-Z-ers under 30 are two times more likely to drink cold coffee.
Starbucks’ 2021 winter menu
Here are descriptions of the limited-time items, available while supplies last:
- Pistachio Latte:The drink is available hot, iced and blended and pairs pistachio with espresso and steamed milk, finished with a salted, brown, buttery topping.
- Honey Almondmilk Cold Brew:Thenondairy beverage is made withStarbucksCold Brew, combined with honey, then topped with almondmilk.
- Earth Cake Pop:The chocolate cake pop isdipped in a “blue chocolaty icing and finished with green and white sprinkles” and resembles the Earth.
- Red Velvet Loaf:The dessert combines vanilla cake andclassic red velvet cake and topped with a white chocolate icing.
New permanent menu items
Starbucks announced these items would be on the permanent menu:
- Honey Almondmilk Flat White:This flat white, which debuted in January 2020,returns and pairs almondmilk and StarbucksBlonde espresso with honey.
- Kale and Portabella Mushroom Sous Vide Egg Bites:Chopped kale and portabella mushrooms are folded into cage-free eggs with Monterey Jack cheese.
Read more at usatoday.com