14 questions as ‘One Chicago’ crossover premiere picks up where ‘Fire,’ ‘P.D.’ and ‘Med’ left off
Fans will find out how the three NBC series aim to go on amid a pandemic in the triple episodes Wednesday night.
As the TV/film industry finds new ways to curate content during the COVID-19 pandemic, NBC’s popular franchise consisting of “Chicago Fire,” “Chicago P.D.,” and “Chicago Med” is no stranger to telling complex stories while adhering to social distancing guidelines.
Like most TV series making season premieres amid a deadly pandemic, the three “One Chicago” shows pick up where they left off? Fans will find out as the three shows premiere Wednesday night in a crossover event.
Longtime fans have a few questions:
- How will each show showcase the complexities of the COVID-19 pandemic?
- How will “One Chicago” adhere to the complaints of “copaganda” — portrayals of police who can do no wrong — amid social unrest?
- Will the show’s continuity be interrupted after COVID-19 abruptly stopped filming last March?
‘Chicago Fire’ Season 9
- What’s next for firefighter Stella Kidd (Miranda Rae Mayo) and her “Girls on Fire” initiative that attempts to get young girls interested in a career with the Chicago Fire Department?
- Are the days numbered at Firehouse 51 for paramedic Emily Foster (played by Annie Ilonzeh), who dropped a bombshell at the end of season eight that she aims to go back to medical school?
- Will Foster’s Ambulance 61 partner paramedic Sylvie Brett (actress Kara Killmer) stay in touch with her baby stepsister in the aftermath of her birth mother dying during childbirth?
- How will Mouch (Christian Stolte) be added to the mix in regards to the show’s popular hangout Molly’s after he bought the ownership stake of Otis (Yuri Sardarov)?
‘Chicago P.D.’ Season 8
- How about the cliffhanger from season seven where police officer Kevin Atwater (Harvey, Illinois, native LaRoyce Hawkins), who is Black, files racism and brutality complaints against an officer with strong family police ties who was recently murdered in the line of duty?
- Will Atwater be ostracized by the intelligence unit and other cops?
- How will “P.D.” replace officer Lisseth Chavez, who played intelligence unit newcomer Vanessa Rojas last season?
- Will Detective Hailey Upton rejoin the intelligence unit after her FBI stint?
‘Chicago Med’ Season 6
- Will Dr. Ethan Choi (Brian Tee) and nurse April Sexton (Yaya DaCosta) resume their romantic relationship?
- How does Dr. Crockett Marcel move on after he was cleared by New Orleans cops regarding his connection to a cold case murder from his time there?
- What about the relationship between doctors Will Halstead (Nick Gehlfuss) and Hannah Asher (Jessy Schram), a recovering addict? After all, Dr. Daniel Charles (Oliver Platt) advised him against getting involved with Hannah.