A man was hurt while jumping from a window to get out of a burning house Wednesday in Englewood on the South Side.
The fire began about 5:40 a.m. at a single-family home in the 5900 block of South Throop Street, the Chicago Fire Department said.
A 56-year-old man suffered injuries to his hip and arm when he jumped out a second-story window, according to Chicago police.
He was taken to St. Bernard Hospital in fair-to-serious condition to be treated for smoke inhalation and his injuries, fire officials said.
The blaze was struck out about 40 minutes later, the fire department said.
Police said it may have been started by a candle on the second floor of the house. Two other people were in the house when the fire broke out, but no other injuries were reported.