Popeyes Cajun turkeys are back for Thanksgiving 2020: Pre-order holiday meals now
The fast-food New Orleans-style chicken chain is taking preorders of its ‘Cajun Style Turkeys’ at participating restaurants nationwide while supplies last. Prices start at $39.99.
Popeyes Lousiana Chicken is bringing back what it calls a fan favorite Thanksgiving staple.
The fast-food New Orleans-style chicken chain is taking pre-orders of its Cajun Style Turkeys at participating restaurants nationwide, while supplies last. Prices start at $39.99. Customers can pre-order by callingor visiting restaurants.
“Hand-rubbed and infused with zesty Louisiana-style seasonings, the Cajun Style Turkey comes precooked so all you need to do is simply heat, serve and enjoy,” Popeyes says.
For those not wanting to cook this year, sides are available a la carte for pre-order. Onethat will be popular for Thanksgiving is mashed potatoes andgravy.
The turkeys usually are available to order in advance through Thanksgiving, and people can select their pickup date. Supplies are limited.
Popeyes cooking instructions
Here arePopeyes’cooking instructions for how to prepare the Cajun-style turkeys:
- Thaw 48 to 72 hours in the refrigerator or10 to 12 hours in cold water (changing water hourly). Popeyes says: “DO NOT thaw at room temperature. Always leave in sealed plastic during thawing.”
- Preheat conventional oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove all packaging, reserving juices.
- Place turkey on a rack in a large roasting pan, and pour juices into pan.
- Reheat uncovered on lower rack in oven for 2 to2.5 hours and until internal temperature reaches 140 degrees Fahrenheit as measured by meat thermometer inserted into the deepest part of breast meat (not touching the bone).
- Let stand 20 minutes before carving.
- Save pan drippings for gravy if desired.
Read more at usatoday.com