The White Sox will open their Cactus League schedule of spring training games with a home date against the Brewers on Feb. 28 at Camelback Ranch in Glendale, Arizona. Major League Baseball announced a revised schedule of spring games Friday, pushing the Sox opener back one day.
The Sox are hosting 14 games at their home park, which is shared with the Dodgers, and will sell tickets for games starting Feb. 20.
A socially-distanced capacity of 2,400 seats (18% of capacity) has been created.
All ticket sales will be single-game tickets and go on sale to the public at 11 a.m. Chicago time Feb. 20. The tickets will be sold in pods of two, four and six seats and socially distanced. All seats are “reserved” including lawn pods.
The Sox host the Cubs on March 15 and play at the Cubs’ Sloan Park on March 23. The Cactus League finale is March 28 at home against the Diamondbacks. Opening Day is April 1 against the Angels in Anaheim, California.
Tickets must be purchased online at the White Sox website (whitesox.com) or camelbackranchbaseball.com or by phone (800-905-3315).
Pitchers and catchers report to spring training on Wednesday.
Following are pandemic protocols for spring training games as stated by Camelback Ranch:
• Social distancing will be enforced at all times
• Appropriate masks will be required unless fans are eating or drinking in their ticketed seats (neck gaiters, bandanas and masks with valves are not considered appropriate masks)
• Concessions and retail will be cashless and contactless operations
• Hand sanitizing stations will be available throughout the ballpark
• Practice fields will be closed to fans
• No bags will be permitted except for those that are carried for medical reasons or manufactured diaper bags that accompany infants and young children
New 2021 health and safety information, as well as new policies, can be found on camelbackranchbaseball.com.