ANAHEIM, Calif. — The White Sox officially set their Opening Day roster Thursday, hours before their season begins with a game against the Angels at Angel Stadium (9:05 p.m. CT).
The Sox purchased the contracts of rookie first baseman Andrew Vaughn and veteran outfielder Billy Hamilton from the team’s training facility in Schaumburg. Vaughn will wear jersey No. 25 and Hamilton will wear 0.
Outfielder Eloy Jimenez (torn pectoral tendon) went on the 60-day injured list, outfielder Adam Engel (hamstring) went on the 10-day IL and left-hander Jace Fry (microdisectomy) was placed on the 10-day IL.
Left-hander Nik Turley was outrighted to Schaumburg.
Left-hander Bernando Flores was claimed off waivers by the Cardinals. Flores was the Sox’ No. 21-ranked prospect according to MLB Pipeline.
Here is the Opening Day 26-man roster:
- RHP (9): Dylan Cease, Matt Foster, Lucas Giolito, Liam Hendriks, Codi Heuer, Michael Kopech, Lance Lynn, Evan Marshall and José Ruiz;
- LHP (4): Aaron Bummer, Garrett Crochet, Dallas Keuchel and Carlos Rodón;
- C (3): Zack Collins, Yasmani Grandal and Yermín Mercedes;
- INF (6): José Abreu, Tim Anderson, Jake Lamb, Nick Madrigal, Yoán Moncada and Andrew Vaughn;
- OF (4): Adam Eaton, Leury García, Billy Hamilton and Luis Robert.
Outfielder Luis Gonzalez, infielder Danny Mendick and pitchers Matt Reynolds, Zack Burdi, Alex McRae are on the taxi squad for the seven-game road trip that continues in Seattle. Reynolds and McRae are not on the 40-man roster.