Debbie Wilson and Debbie Wilson | photos from Chicago Police

Mother, daughter charged with attacking CPS employees, teen boy

SHARE Mother, daughter charged with attacking CPS employees, teen boy
SHARE Mother, daughter charged with attacking CPS employees, teen boy

A mother and daughter upset that their teenage relative was disciplined at a South Side elementary school are charged with allegedly beating and stabbing two Chicago Public Schools employees and a teen boy at the school.

Authorities say the attack took place on Tuesday at 4 p.m. at Bond Elementary School in the 7000 block of South May Street.

Debbie Wilson, 45, and her 26-year-old daughter – also named Debbie Wilson – allegedly went to pick up the 14-year-old girl, the elder Wilson’s daughter, after she was disciplined at the school.

Both women saw the teen being escorted out of the school by a school administrator, Cook County prosecutors said Saturday.

They began arguing with the 39-year-old man, and the argument became physical, prosecutors said.

The younger Wilson took out a four-inch blade knife and stabbed both the man and a 50-year-old female security guard as her mother beat the two with her hands and fists, according to Assistant State’s Attorney Reginald Newton.

A 13-year-old boy tried to intervene and was also stabbed. Prosecutors did not say whether the teen was a student at the school.

None of the injuries were believed to be life threatening.

All three fled after the stabbing but the Wilsons were soon arrested separately.

Judge Laura Sullivan set bail for the elder Wilson at $100,000, while her daughter was held on $125,000 bail on Saturday.

The elder Wilson, of the 6900 block of South Racine, and her daughter, of the 5600 block of South Wood have each been charged with five counts aggravated battery.

The Latest
The 21-year-old was found in the basement bathroom of a home in the 200 block of West 105th Street with a gunshot wound to the head.
Xherdan Shaqiri gave the Fire a 3-2 lead in the 89th minute, but it lasted only two minutes as Patryk Klimala scored to keep the Fire in search of their first victory since March 19.
The Sox’ sputtering offense had 10 hits but went 3-for-13 with runners in scoring position
The male, whose age was unknown, was taken to the University of Chicago Medical Center where he was pronounced dead.