Chicago Police are warning North Side residents of a series of garage burglaries in the Albany Park neighborhood.
At least five incidents have been reported in the last three weeks in which someone forcibly enters a garage through the side door, and steals bicycles and other items, according to a community alert from Area North Detectives..
Robberies have been reported in the:
• 5100 block of North St Louis on Sept. 11 between 7 a.m.and 11 p.m.;
• 5500 block of North Spaulding on Sept. 12 between 12-2:30 p.m.;
• 5000 block of North Lawndale on Sept. 17 at noon;
• 6100 block of North Kedvale on Sept. 18 between 9:30-11:30 a.m.; and
• 3100 block of West Eastwood on Sept. 21 between 1-9 a.m.
There is no description of any suspects.
Residents are advised to keep garages locked, with alarms systems activated at all times; keep records of bicycles with make, model and serial numbers; and report suspicious people or vehicles.
Anyone with information should call detectives at (312) 744-8263.