Welcome to our morning article rounding up crime (and more) happenings from around Chicago overnight.
- An Amber Alert has been issued for a 3-year-old boy and a 2-year-old girl who are believed to be in danger after they were taken by their father, who is a person of interest in a fatal south suburban Markham shooting, according to authorities.
- An 18-year-old man was wounded in a drive-by shooting Wednesday night in the Rogers Park neighborhood on the North Side.
- A few hours earlier, a man was shot in the leg in the West Side Austin neighborhood.
- About half an hour before the Austin shooting, a 20-year-old man was wounded in a shooting in the South Side Chatham neighborhood.
- Earlier Wednesday afternoon, a man was shot inside a home in the South Side Englewood neighborhood.
In 12 seasons with the Sky, Vandersloot averaged 10.2 points, 6.6 assists and 3.2 rebounds. In 2021, she helped bring the city its first WNBA title.
Two-time Oscar nominee, for ‘Close Encounters’ and ‘Absence of Malice,’ got her start at Goodman School and Second City.
Jurrell Baldwin had 14 points, 13 rebounds and three blocks in Hyde Park’s 45-32 victory against visiting Farragut in the second round Friday.
Aside from the government response, fuzzy videos dotted social media as people with binoculars and telephoto lenses tried to find the “spy balloon” in the sky as it headed southeastward over Kansas and Missouri at 60,000 feet.