White Sox’ Miguel Gonzalez goes on disabled list

SHARE White Sox’ Miguel Gonzalez goes on disabled list
white_sox_rangers_baseball_70708133.jpg

Miguel Gonzalez was placed on the disabled list Monday. (AP)

Right-hander Miguel Gonzalez was put on the 10-day disabled list with right rotator-cuff inflammation and will be replaced as the White Sox’ starter against the Mariners on Monday night by right-hander Carson Fulmer.

Gonzalez’s stay on the DL is retroactive to April 19. The 33-year-old is 0-3 with a 12.41 ERA in three starts this season after re-signing with the Sox on a one-year, $4.75 million deal as a free agent in January.

The Sox purchased the contract of right-hander Chris Beck from Class AAA Charlotte. To make room on the 40-man roster, right-hander Danny Farquhar was transferred to the 60-day disabled list.

Beck, who has a 6.38 ERA over 96 innings in parts of three seasons with the Sox, has allowed two earned runs and four hits with 13 strikeouts over nine innings at Charlotte.

Fulmer (0-1, 7.50) was slated to start Tuesday, so the Sox will need to replace him in the rotation.

Farquhar, 31, had been put on the 10-day DL Saturday with a brain aneurysm.

The Sox’ 40-man roster remains at 40.

The Latest
Four men were fatally shot in under three hours early Saturday, according to police.
Kahleah Copper is one of eight players making their World Cup debut, along with her Rutgers teammate, the Sky’s 2015 17th overall draft pick, Betnijah Laney, who plays for the New York Liberty.
They were in a parking lot in the 7100 block of North Clark Street when they were attacked, police said.
They were driving in the 1700 block of West 43rd Street when they were shot, police said.
The woman was driving in the 5300 block of South Lake Shore Drive when she was killed in a car crash, police said.