In the Week 6 episode of “Sun-Times Game Week,” our hosts, Michael O’Brien and Beth Long (Annie Costabile is on assignment this week), have a complete rundown of where things stand with high school football after Week 5.
This show includes:
-The new Super 25 rankings with two new 5-0 teams making the list for the first time.
-Analysis of the big games in Week 5 including:
- Maine South vs Evanston
- Batavia vs Wheaton-Warrenville South
- Brother Rice vs Providence.
-Player of the Week: Batavia running backer and linebacker Quinn Urwiler who scored four touchdowns this past weekend.
-Preview of the Week 6 “Game of the Week” between Lincoln Way-East and Homewood-Flossmoor
-Preps news headlines including hoops star Markese Jacobs’ new Nike commercial.
More football coverage:
- Week 6: New Sun-Times Game Week episode
- The Super 25 for Week 6
- Week 5: scores, video highlights, game photos all in one place
- Week 5 scoreboard
- Curie’s Damarius Johns, Lazerick Hill connect to take down Hubbard
- VIDEO: Quinn Urwiler scores four TD’s, Batavia powers past WW South
- Brother Rice dominates Providence
- Raby beats Westinghouse in Jackson Classic
Asha Green, 26, is accused of abusing Cashawanna Love in June 2022, causing her death.
The teen was with a group of people in the 7000 block of South Ada Street when shots were fired, police said.
For a $100 stipend, some Chicagoans who are statistically among the most at-risk of gun violence are working to change themselves and their neighborhoods.
The last survivor of the Ames Brothers pop group of the 1950, Ames died May 21 from Alzheimer’s disease, his wife, Jeanne Ames, said Saturday.