Fireworks in recycling bin start Naperville garage fire: officials
The fire broke out about 10:40 p.m. in the garage of a home in the 300 block of Leeds Court, fire officials said.
A garage caught fire after someone disposed of fireworks in a recycling bin Saturday in west suburban Naperville, officials said.
Firefighters responded about 10:40 p.m. to reports of a blaze in the garage of a home in the 300 block of Leeds Court, Naperville fire officials said.
A resident of the home had used a fire extinguisher, but smoke was still coming from inside the walls, officials said. The fire spread to areas above the garage but crews extinguished the blaze within 30 minutes.
No injuries were reported, and the family was able to return to their home, officials said.