All residents escaped safely after a closet fire on the second floor of a home in west suburban Wheaton on Friday.
The fire started in a single-family home at 1522 E. Geneva Rd. about 10:30 p.m. Friday, according to a statement from the City of Wheaton.
The Wheaton Fire Department had the fire under control within minutes of arrival, and determined the cause was combustible materials stacked too close to a working light fixture, the statement said.
The building is considered unsafe for occupancy, though no damage estimate was available.