Suspect in Aurora apartment burglary located

SHARE Suspect in Aurora apartment burglary located
SHARE Suspect in Aurora apartment burglary located

A man wanted by Aurora police for allegedly stealing electronics from an apartment in the west suburb last month has been located.

Police think Aurora resident Anthony D. Gant, 29, broke into an apartment in the 1200 block of West Indian Trail and stole about $1,150 in computer equipment, electronics and video games between 7:40 a.m. and 11 a.m. on Feb. 18, according to a statement from police.

Gant, who lives in the same block as the burglary, was identified as the suspect after police used an online system that tracks transactions made through area pawn shops and resale stores.

Investigators matched the stolen goods from the burglary to a resale shop in the 800 block of North Lake Street, which recorded Gant as the seller, police said.

According to prison records, Gant was on parole at the time for a 1999 residential burglary conviction in Will County, prison records show. He had two other previous residential burglary convictions in DuPage and Kane counties dating back to 2004.

Aurora police issued a statement Friday asking for help finding Gant, but have since learned he was taken back into the custody of the Department of Corrections on March 26, police said.

The Latest
‘You cannot remember the film without first remembering the poster,’’ artist Dawn Baille says of the depiction of Robert De Niro as Jake LaMotta in the Martin Scorcese film.
Ongoing studies at Nachusa Grasslands, and other places, tells more about ornate box turtles and their place as shown by a day with Matt Allender and his team as well as John Rucker and his Boykin spaniels.
The laughter has an edge when the crazy hijinks could get deadly serious at any moment.
A lawyer for Chester Weger — paroled in 2020 and trying to prove his innocence — says a 1960 report of an operator overhearing a pay phone call shows two brothers were involved in a coverup.
The shooting happened about 10:40 p.m. near Chicago Avenue and State Street. Fire officials said the eight wounded were taken to hospitals in serious to critical condition.