Police are warning residents of a series of home burglaries over the past month in the Deering neighborhood on the South Side.
The burglaries occurred:
- Between 5 p.m. and 11:30 p.m. Aug. 17 in the 9600 block of South Crandon Avenue;
- Between 11 p.m. and 7 a.m. Sept. 3 in the 9700 block of South Merrill Avenue;
- About 4 a.m. Sept. 6 in the 9800 block of South Merrill Avenue;
- Between 11:50 p.m. and 12 a.m. Sept. 6 in the 9700 block of South Chappel Avenue;
- About 11:30 p.m. Sept. 6 in the 2100 block of East 97th Street;
- Between 3:30 p.m. and 10 p.m. Sept. 6 in the 9700 block of South Merrion Avenue.
In each incident, the suspect entered the residence through a rear or side window, police said.
The suspect is described as a black male between the ages of 14 and 24.
Anyone with information about the robberies is asked to contact Area South Detectives at (312) 747-8273.