No bond for man charged with West Englewood fatal shooting

SHARE No bond for man charged with West Englewood fatal shooting
screen_shot_2017_05_14_at_6_28_06_am.png

Antrell Johnson | Chicago Police

A man charged in connection with a West Englewood neighborhood shooting last month that left a man dead and a teenager wounded on the South Side has been ordered held without bond.

Antrell Johnson, 21, faces one count each of first-degree murder and attempted first-degree murder, according to Chicago Police.

Shortly after 7:30 p.m. on April 24, 19-year-old Taurean Dwayne Tyler and a 17-year-old boy were walking in the 6900 block of South Honore when a black car approached, according to Chicago Police and the Cook County medical examiner’s office.

A male suspect got out of the car and opened fire, striking Tyler in the chest and the boy in the buttocks and leg, authorities said at the time.

Tyler, who lived just a few blocks from where he was shot, was taken to Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn, where he was pronounced dead, authorities said. The 17-year-old was also taken to Christ Medical Center, where his condition was stabilized.

Johnson, who lives in the same neighborhood, was on Saturday ordered held at Cook County Jail without bond, court records show. He is due back in court on Monday.

The Latest
Police officers taking someone into custody were confronted by a group of people. Two people were taken into custody and a weapon was recovered, officials said.
Patrick Mahomes left no doubt as to whether he’ll play in Sunday’s Super Bowl, right high ankle sprain or not.
The city must keep moving forward with its initiatives in preventing the gun violence and healing those affected, especially those who reside in the 60624 ZIP code.
The Bulls have won three games in a row and four of their last five, but will any of that matter once the NBA trade deadline comes Thursday?