One person was killed and 10 others were wounded by gunfire in Chicago Monday.
- A 30-year-old man was fatally shot in Little Village on the Southwest Side around 3:30 p.m. The man was on the sidewalk in the 2700 block of South Christiana Avenue when someone approached and fired shots about 3:30 p.m., police said. He was shot in the back and chest and was taken to Saint Anthony Hospital, where he was pronounced dead. His name hasn’t been released.
- A man was shot and critically wounded by an off-duty officer during an attempted robbery in Calumet Heights on the South Side, officials said. The man approached the officer in the 2400 block of East 92nd Street about 5:45 p.m., Chicago Police Department spokesman Tom Ahern said. Both the man and the officer fired shots, Ahern said. The man was struck and transported to the University of Chicago Medical Center in critical condition, fire officials said. The officer was not injured. A weapon was recovered at the scene, police said.
- Two men were wounded in Washington Park on the South Side around 8:30 p.m. The men, both 19, were standing on a sidewalk in the 5800 block of South Michigan Avenue when they were shot, police said. One was struck in the leg and the other in the arm. They were both taken to the University of Chicago Medical Center in fair condition.
- One person was wounded on Interstate 94 on the South Side. The shooting happened about 8:20 p.m. near 47th Street, according to the Illinois State Police. One person was hospitalized with non-life-threatening injuries.
- A man was shot early Monday morning in a South Loop parking lot. The man, 28, was attacked about 12:45 a.m. in the 2200 block of South Michigan Avenue, police said. He went to Provident Hospital, where he was in fair condition.
- A man was shot and wounded during a robbery inside a home in Lawndale on the West Side. The man, 24, was shot by one of four robbers n the 1800 block of South Springfield Avenue, police said. He was hit in the abdomen and taken to Mount Sinai Hospital in fair condition.
Four others were wounded in shootings citywide.
Three people were killed, and twenty-three others were wounded, in shootings last weekend in Chicago.
Don’t fabricate? I say do. In fact, go ahead and escalate.
Other poll topics: Will Tom Brady play in the NFL again? And who’s more disappointing, last season’s White Sox or this season’s Bulls?
Cuban prospect slashed .314/.371/.524 with 24 home runs over three minor-league levels in 2022.
The USL Championship, where Dean spent the last three seasons, is the second tier of American soccer but hasn’t yet become a pipeline of talent for MLS.