Chicago police are warning residents to always be aware of their surroundings after six armed robberies were reported in August in several Northwest Side neighborhoods.
In each incident, up to five people pulled up to victims in a dark-colored SUV, got out, flashed a silver handgun and robbed them of their personal property before fleeing, according to a community alert from Chicago police. In one incident, the victim saw a partial plate number of “ZY9” on what may have been a Hyundai Santa Fe.
These robberies happened during the evening into the early morning hours:
- Aug. 7 in the 3700 block of West Wrightwood Avenue;
- Aug. 8 in the 1300 block of North Paulina Street;
- Aug. 9 in the 4100 block of West Wellington Avenue and the 3000 block of West Schubert Avenue;
- Aug. 11 in the 2300 block of West Wabansia Avenue; and
- Aug. 12 in the 2300 block of West Avenue.
Anyone with information is asked to call Area North detectives at 312-744-8263.