Three people were killed and eight others were wounded by gunfire in Chicago Monday.
- In one of the fatal attacks, a person was killed after shots were exchanged between two cars in Lake View on the North Side around 10:50 p.m. The victim was riding in a car in the 2400 block of West Cuyler Avenue when shots were fired from a Dodge sedan and someone inside the car returned fire, police said. The car crashed in the 4000 block of North Ashland Avenue. The driver ran off and the victims was pronounced dead at Illinois Masonic Medical Center.
- Less than an hour earlier, a person was found shot to death in West Pullman on the Far South Side just after 10 p.m. He was discovered on a sidewalk in the 400 block of West 125th Street with multiple gunshot wounds, police said. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
- Two people were arrested after a woman was killed in Lawndale on the West Side. The woman was shot in the head in an apartment in the 1200 block of South Kolin Avenue around 1:30 p.m., police said. She was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital and pronounced dead. Two people were taken in for questioning.
- A man was wounded in Chicago Lawn on the South Side. The man, 37, was walking on a sidewalk in the 5900 block of South Campbell Avenue when three people opened fire, striking him in the back, about 1:40 a.m., police said. He was taken to the University of Chicago Medical Center in good condition.
- Three men were wounded in a shooting in Gresham on the South Side. They were standing in the 8800 block of South Parnell Avenue when they were struck by gunfire about 2:35 a.m., police said. A 27-year-old was hit in the ankles, a 28-year-old in his right leg and a 33-year-old in his left leg and back. The oldest man was taken to the University of Chicago Medical Center in serious condition. The 28-year-old went to Trinity Hospital and was transferred to Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn in fair condition. The youngest man went to Jackson Park Hospital and Medical Center, where he was in good condition.
Four others were wounded in shootings across the city.
Four people were killed, and 41 others were wounded, in shootings in Chicago last weekend.