Carbon monoxide sickens five in Vernon Hills home
Subscribe for unlimited digital access.
Try one month for $1!
Subscribe for unlimited digital access. Try one month for $1!
(VERNON HILLS) Five people were taken to the hospital Sunday afternoon after they were exposed to carbon monoxide in their north suburban Vernon Hills home.
Rescue crews responded about 1 p.m. to a call of five people feeling ill in a single-family home in the 300 block of Sutcliffe Circle, according to a statement from the Countryside Fire Protection District.
Elevated carbon monoxide levels were found throughout the house, fire officials said.
All five residents were taken to Advocate Condell Medical Center in Libertyville with non-life-threatening injuries, the statement said.
Crews shut down the furnace and ventilated the house while Peoples Gas was called to the scene, fire officials said.